Senior Management Accountant
We have two new exciting opportunities at Halton Housing. We are currently looking for two driven individuals to join our Finance Team as Senior Management Accountants based in Widnes. You will join us on a full time, permanent basis and will receive a competitive salary of £33,150 - £39,000 per annum.
Halton Housing is a forward thinking and dynamic not for profit housing association that owns and manages 7,000 homes in Runcorn and Widnes. We employ over 300 talented members of staff. Our Board work closely with our Executive Management team to ensure that we achieve our priorities and main objective – ‘Improving People’s Lives.’
Overall job purpose of our Senior Management Accountants
- Manage the day to day accounting operations
- Identify and implement improvements that will contribute to a more efficient and streamlined financial service
- Assist the Finance Managers and budget holders to prepare annual budgets
- Manage the Trusts cash flow requirements, keeping cash balances and exposure to a minimum
- Provide management information to ensure that the Board, ET, LT, budget holders and other managers of the Trust are kept up to date with timely, accurate and concise financial information suitable for their needs
What we are looking for in our Senior Management Accountants
- Recognised or working towards a recognised professional accountancy qualification such as, ACA, ACCA, CIMA
- Budget management and financial forecasting
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to identify and interpret complex financial analysis
- Ability to design and develop new and existing technologies
- Preparing VAT returns
- Building budgets from first principles
- Cash flow forecasting and treasury management
- Experience of operating at a managerial level
- Knowledge within Housing Sector and the regulatory bodies
- Systems experience of Covalent, Open Accounts and QL
As one of our Senior Management Accountants, you will support and report to the Finance Managers. The Senior Management Accountants have dual reporting responsibilities to both of the Finance Managers. This structure has been designed to foster and encourage a collaborative team working approach.
If you believe you have the relevant skills and experience required to excel in the role as one of our Senior Management Accountants then please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out, we’d love to hear from you!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79191538