£30,000 - £40,000 per annum plus bonus
My client is currently looking to recruit and Investment Manager to work alongside their Senior Investment Manager. The firm has established itself as a premier provider of investment management services both to the local Bristol community as well as to the South West. This role would suit someone who is forging a career in the Investment management sector and looking to take the next step in their career.
Your main responsibilities
Helping clients protect and grow their wealth through discretionary investment management is at the core of what we do and you will be key in developing relationships with new and existing clients and advisers both locally and across the South West. Supported by our investment teams across the country, including in-house research and dealing, you will manage the day-to-day running of client portfolios through our proven investment philosophy; asset allocation, active portfolio management, analysis and risk management. You will also implement our 'house investment strategy' within client mandates whilst also having ability to run advisory mandates when client requirements need.
Who we are looking for
To be part of our energetic and dynamic international investment team, the right individuals will have:
* Investment management knowledge and experience in client advice.
* Regularly participated in investment processes particularly around asset allocation, stock selection, fund selection and/or portfolio construction.
* The ability to review, analyse and make changes to client portfolios in reaction to market forces or changing client circumstances.
* The drive to proactively network and seek opportunities with current, new and potential clients and advisers.
* Relevant regulatory qualification and authorisation to provide advice in complex areas.
* Skills in delegating tasks effectively, providing feedback and actively supporting others' development.
* The ability to clearly explain to clients why changes to their portfolio may better suit their investment objectives.
* The ability to independently and confidently manage the client advice relationship to ensure engagement opportunities to develop client acquisition.
* Excellent presentation skills.
* Confident writing skills for client reporting, valuations and research material.
* Full understanding of UK financial legislation and regulations.
* Has attained CISI Level 6 (or close to completing). Level 7 would be a huge advantage.
* Maintains SPS in line with professional body requirements.
* Proficient in the use of systems including; Bloomberg, Morningstar, Microsoft Excel and others.
What you will receive from us in return
A healthy work/life balance is encouraged and you will have the opportunity to develop your professional skills further whilst having a key involvement in the continued growth and success of our business. The right individual will also receive a competitive basic salary and discretionary bonus..
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds
Job ref - 22373
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79164968