Deployment and Automation Engineer
Hitachi Consulting is the Consulting, IT and Solutions services business of Hitachi. We work with clients across the world from all industry sectors to design, build and operate technology. We have particular strengths in the domains of ‘Digital’, ‘Internet of Things’, ‘Analytics’ and ERP and provide a range of supporting services (industry expertise, project management, process design, change management) required to achieve success. Frequently, we will leverage our relationship with the rest of Hitachi to bring innovative products and services into our solutions for clients. We will also work with clients to define outcome based measures as part of our role in helping clients implement change and achieve benefits.
Would you like to work for one of the world’s leading technology companies from prestigious offices in Manchester city centre or alternatively London Fleet Street. We are Hitachi Consulting (part of the global Hitachi group) and we have an opportunity for an Infrastructure Deployment and Automation Engineer to join our Cloud Solutions practice. You will work with third party clients providing support and consultancy using some of the latest technologies.
This is a varied role, which will include:
- Engaging in the delivery of support services
- Monitoring, managing and resolving support incidents in conjunction with the central Managed Services Helpdesk;
- Involvement in the development of new IT solutions and the maintenance of support documentation;
- Providing technical support, consultancy and administration across a range of technologies, principally Microsoft Windows, Networking, Storage and virtualization services;
- Hardware and Software installations;
- Scripting and automation with ability to create maintenance scripts
- Working closely with implementation consultants, offshore Managed Services consultants and client staff to scope and deliver projects;
Unlike many consultancy roles, our Infrastructure Deployment and Automation Engineer position will involve limited travel to visit the customers you’ll be working with. Therefore, you can enjoy the challenge and variety of a consultancy role but without the extensive travel and working away from home. Preference would be a hire based near our Manchester office. However, we would also consider London based resource.
What do we look for?
We hire professionals, passionate about the benefits technology can bring to business, who can combine technical skills with the ability to forge and maintain strong interpersonal relationships. The skills and experience we look for include:
- Ideally 2 years Automation and Deployment experience
- Ideally 2 years experience working with scripting languages
- Windows PowerShell and JSON are the preferred languages
- Proven experience of translating Project build activities into an automated deployment.
- Deep understanding of scripting languages with an ability to write custom scripts to perform system deployment across various technologies.
- Numerous demonstrated automated system and application deployments
- Experience working with the full Microsoft Infrastructure stack. (Server OS, Active Directory, Group Policy, Hyper-v etc)
- ITIL v3 Foundation or above certification preferred
- Experience of ITIL including proactive Problem management and root cause analysis;
In return we offer the opportunity to work as part of a collaborative, knowledgeable team, a competitive base salary plus bonus, flexible benefits package and career development that comes from being part of the Hitachi group
To apply please follow the link to the application page on our website. If you would like to discuss the job opportunity, please contact Eldon Davis *************
Inclusion and Diversity:
Hitachi Consulting is committed to building an inclusive work environment that leverages the diverse talent and perspectives of our global workforce. We value the unique background, experience and capability of each employee and embrace differences including gender, race, religion, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity and personal style.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925210