Mid / Senior Automation QA Engineer - to £65k - London
Mid / Senior Automation QA Engineer - to 65k - London
You will help to test scalable, high-quality front and back-end business applications and be responsible for the ensuring that released software is of a high quality. You will be involved in the full development lifecycle day to day, including planning around gathered requirements, development, testing of implementations and production support.
The Tech Stack
- Commercial experience integrating QA automation processes
- Full stack development exposure, demonstrating understanding of QA automation coverage challenges across UI and server side programming
- Experience working with Continuous Integration tools for testing
- Experience testing against API`s
- Experience writing functional and end to end unit tests
- Knowledge of QA processes and industry best practices
- IT Graduate with a degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Must thrive in a fast-paced agile environment
- Familiarity with performance testing
- Familiarity with accessibility testing
- Lead the testing and QA approach for the company ensuring that all changes released to our products have full unit and automated test coverage.
- Manage the tools, processes and integrations required to ensure our test standard remains high.
- Work effectively with development teams across different technology stacks, ensuring testing solutions are well integrated and issues found from tests are clearly communicated and understood.
- Work with Project Management to ensure projects are released in line with key dates.
The successful candidate must currently be in a role implementing an automated testing framework, using the latest tools and process to ensure test coverage is high, with minimal overhead. A passion for technology and industry best practices, as well as in-depth knowledge of QA processes is highly advantageous. We are looking for a QA champion to review our existing architecture and introduce new tools and processes, and will look to continually improve their skills in the craft of QA automation.
- Define and implement cutting-edge automation engineering patterns and practices
- Identify, develop and implement the necessary tools, frameworks and processes to support the ideal QA automation solution
- Become the gatekeeper for test approval of changes, before they enter the release management processes
- Ensuring regression testing is maintained, and new feature test coverage is adopted within the automation solution quickly
- Communicate clearly the design of tests and the effort required to implement them
- Accurately assess the risk of development changes
To be a good match for our team you will need to be the sort of person who enjoys attending meetup events, conferences and would like to participate in our lunch and learn sessions. If you go home and work on a home automation system (or similar!) you're the right person for us.
You should be passionate about code and love solving complex problems.
The services of ABrecruit are those of an employment agency.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79158929