Senior Accountant - Top 100 Firm
Taylor Hawkes are working with a top 100 firm and due to growth within the business are now recruiting for an Accounts Senior / Supervisor.
Overview of the role and technical duties:
* Preparation of full statutory accounts and CT returns for manager review with the expectation that fundamental amendments would not be required.
* Ability to communicate with clients to ensure where possible queries are dealt with prior to a job being passed for review.
* Prior experience of bookkeeping to a level where able to train, assist and give feedback on processing.
* Experience in training junior staff, including delegating work down and ongoing review/support of junior.
* Experience in preparing management accounts/reporting including review of P&L and balance sheet reconciliations.
* In respect of accounts and management accounts preparation, being comfortable providing commentary and useful notes to the reviewer or to be passed directly on to the client, in keeping with the ethos of the firm.
* Experience of managing and meeting deadlines.
* Organised and a keen communicator able to ensure managers are informed of progress without having to chase on a job by job basis.
* Outgoing, confident & enthusiastic personality.
* Comfortable dealing with fellow employees, clients & relevant authorities in person, on the phone or in writing.
* Able to provide examples of managing a client base, taking ownership for clients and being the first port of call for day to day queries.
* Experience of reviewing the work of trainees & providing constructive feedback.
* Some exposure to audit.
* Commercial awareness of Work In progress and its relationship with fees and billing.
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959924835