Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Gloucestershire – Commutable from Monmouth, Dixton, Clearwell, Coleford, Walford, Lydney, Chepstow, Rockfield
- £33,000 - £40,000 depending on experience
- 25 days holiday, competitive pension
- Healthcare and life cover
- Fantastic opportunities to progress
ATA Recruitment is currently working with a leading, global business that specialise in the design, manufacture, installation and service of mechanical equipment used within a variety of different sectors such as water, power generation, construction, mining, industrial plants etc. With over 64 years’ experience within their field and a commitment to customer service, they are well known for delivering high quality products and services to their customers.
This is a brilliant opportunity for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join their main UK manufacturing facility and get involved with a variety of mechanical projects valued from £250,000 - £6,000,000.
- Oversee the production of P&ID’s, GA’s, engineering cross sections and instrument hook-up diagrams in AutoCAD.
- To produce detailed designs of machined components, fabricated and welded parts such as castings, machined parts, plates, brackets, structures, shafts, supports structures etc.
- Work with the Electrical Engineer’s to incorporate all electrical systems and control panels into the overall design, as well as laying out where the electrical system will be situated.
- Perform technical calculations such as bend moments and stress & strain on beams and structures.
- You will also calculate hydraulic pressures, pipe flow calculations and pressure calculations which will enable you to produce data sheets.
- Producing BOM’s (bill of materials) outlining all components that make up the skid.
- Specify and to create specifications which includes bought-out items.
- Prepare technical data sheets and customer documentation. Manage change notes.
- Issue drawings to the shop floor and sub-vendors and to provide technical support to the shop floor, project and commercial & technical engineering teams.
- Attend meetings with internal engineering teams, customers and sub-vendors.
- An experienced Mechanical Design Engineer within an engineering, process, manufacturing type background.
- Experienced in performing mechanical calculations such as process flow, hydraulic, stress or strain to name a few.
- The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will possess an engineering qualification.
- The ideal Mechanical Design Engineer will be proficient with design packages such as AutoCAD, Creo / ProEngineer to name a few.
As the Mechanical Design Engineer, you will join a highly stable and growing business that is active in 14 countries across the globe. As the business continues to grow, you will have opportunities to progress into a more Senior Mechanical Design Engineer, Project Management or Engineering Management type e role in the future.
You will receive fantastic training on their products and systems – including their CAD packages a competitive salary with the added benefit of working for a market leader in their respective field.
How to Apply:
Please click “apply” or for further information, please contact Ajay Bhella at ATA Recruitment in Leicester on or alternatively, please email me an up to date copy of your CV to
ATA Recruitment specialise in technical & engineering positions, so if this particular role is not for you, please do have a look on our website for further potential opportunities which may suit your skills and experience better - If you have the skill, we have the recruitment knowledge and together we can find you your perfect job -
You must be eligible to live and work within the UK. Sponsorship is not provided.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79186051