CONTROLS ENGINEER / SOFTWARE ENGINEER
My client is currently looking for an ambitious CONTROL SYSTEMS ENGINEER / SOFTWARE ENGINEER with a broad-ranging background in the process industries, to join their team based in LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE.
* Production of detailed specifications and writing programming codes.
* Execute full lifecycle software development.
* Write well designed, testable, efficient code.
* Control and instrumentation systems functional specification and design
* PLC system software configuration.
* Integrate software components into a fully functional software system.
* Test of the product in controlled, real situations before installing at the clients site.
* Conducting testing and installing the programme into production.
* Document and maintain software functionality.
* Tailor and deploy software tools, processes and metrics.
* Comply with project plans and industry standards.
* Undertake site surveys of existing installations.
* Undertake Site based commissioning work.
* Must be able to deliver projects on time and within budget.
* Work within an established Quality Management System, ISO9001:2001 TickIT.
Candidates should be able to demonstrate design experience of the following:
* Mitsubishi Q / FX Range of PLCs
* Siemens Step 7 / TIA Portal experience
* Allen Bradley
* Rockwell (ControlLogix PLC, RS Logix)
* Mitsubishi / Beijer
* Allen Bradley
* Fix and derivations of Fix (iFIX)
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
* Qualified in either Software / Control Systems / Electrical Design discipline
* Proven working experience in software engineering.
* Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients.
* Candidates will be computer literate and able to work effectively with Microsoft Office as a minimum.
* Good organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79189108