Technical Infrastructure Manager
Technical Infrastructure Manager
- You will be responsible for ensuring business oversight, continuity, and integrity of our primary technical business platforms, internal and customer-facing.
- The role will require oversight and direct management of the London based technical infrastructure teams including Broadcast, Development, and Operations. These teams develop and support our business platforms 24/7.
- Our teams collaborate with our international colleagues, partners and suppliers on a daily basis ensuring systems, processes, and procedures are aligned, congruent and best practice. As the team leader, you will recognise the benefits of contributing to the ongoing internal discussions on how our business continues to deliver the best possible product to our customers.
- We have developed a technical model of insourcing intrinsic business systems & outsourcing non-core services to specialist suppliers (managed by our internal teams) which the successful candidate will have overall responsibility.
- The role will require experience of working, developing and maintaining business relations with external vendors, auditing contractual obligations, maximising value and service uptime across our platforms.
- The business model depends on a high quality, high-reliability service to our customers 24/7, compliance with all legal requirements essential for business as usual. The successful candidate will have a strong oversight of current national and international legislation and best practice, how that impacts on technical delivery, system segmentation, security and performance.
- Support the tech teams responsible for development and operations working with agile methods on primarily PHP Drupal and AngularJS languages. Knowledge of these languages is considered an asset but not essential. The role entails safeguarding the agile working methods whilst establishing clear policies and roles within the teams.
- Be responsible for the operational processes involved in managing the technical platform and associated systems including broadcasting. This includes responsibility for live incident management, monitoring, escalation, and resolution.
- Responsibility for Infrastructure and security.
- Ownership of services provided by 3rd party technical providers.
- Responsibility to ensure the teams are adequately resourced and their concerns are addresses and raised with senior management.
- Responsibility for tech recruitment and staff performance evaluations.
- Departmental budget responsibility.
- The role will require a mature confident leader able to clarify team goals, priorities and objectives defined by business priorities and group strategy. The successful applicant will be required to rapidly capture the current business dependencies and exigencies, ensuring our Technical Operations teams and systems are fully supported, resilient to current and future requirements.
- You will be working with and managing an experienced team of specialists who will grow and develop under your leadership. You will be pivotal in maintaining and ensuring optimal business continuity while planning and managing change as we develop and align platforms.
- The division is undergoing dynamic change driven by internal and external forces on the business sector. The successful candidate will be an experienced manager well versed in recognising, managing & communicating the complex priorities and dependencies of this ongoing process.
- The Gaming Business requires an ability to respond to dynamic change in a pragmatic, timely and cost effective manner while ensuring technical compliance obligations and safeguarding our customer experience to the highest levels.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925519