Senior Risk Manager
The Senior Risk Manager will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
• Operational Risk: Firstly, the support, challenge and oversight of Personal Finance colleagues and processes, and secondly the liaising with Group Risk to ensure Personal Finance implications are given due consideration and that Group impacts are effectively understood within Personal Finance.
• Risk Reporting: Includes responsibility for ensuring effective risk reporting and governance for Personal Finance, covering the Executive and Board Risk Committees.
• Risk Management Framework: while the role holder is not directly responsible for the Risk Management framework, they will be part of a group wide team to develop this, and are responsible for ensuring it is appropriately understood, and that the deployment of the Framework in Personal Finance is subject to appropriate oversight and challenge.
This role has two direct reports, and offers a basic salary up to £75,000, plus bonus and benefits.
• Experienced risk professional within the Financial Services industry, with experience of working in a lending and deposit taking environment being preferable;
• Substantial operational risk experience;
• Contemporary and holistic working knowledge of Risk Management Frameworks;
• Strong appreciation and understanding of risk identification and reporting;
• Experience in implementing change and new ideas.
• Wider appreciation of the political, economic, social, technological, legal and environmental issues that may affect Together Personal Finance;
• A natural tendency to interpret a situation and foresee opportunities or risks for the Business and act and escalate appropriately;
• Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills;
• Strong written and verbal communication skills;
• Confident and articulate with a high degree of professionalism;
• Ability to influence, negotiate and generate commitment through appropriate positioning.
Together is a specialist lender which offers residential and commercial mortgage loans to niche market segments underserved by mainstream lenders. As one of the North West’s most profitable companies, Together has established itself over 40 years of successful trading as a leading finance provider, thanks to its common-sense approach to lending.
We offer a range of company benefits, including 25 days holiday which can be flexed up/down, pension, life assurance, critical illness cover, health cash plan, private medical insurance, regular team/individual incentives, travel season ticket loans, Ride to Work scheme, child care vouchers, free gym access and local bar/restaurant discounts.
Career development opportunities are excellent and where appropriate we offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
Please note that all successful applicants will be subject to a Criminal Records Bureau check, a credit check and a Fraud Prevention database check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79190543