Project Manager Engineering
Are you a Project Manager from an Automotive or Engineering background and looking to manage a revolutionary New Product that will radically enhance road safety?
SALARY: £50,000 - £55,000 + Pension + Flexible Hours + Benefits
LOCATION: Birmingham, Coventry, Leicester, Nuneaton, Ashby De La Zouch, Derby
We are a leading Global Automotive Manufacturer of systems and have recently invested in a brand new state of the art fully equipped R&D facility to support our Global manufacturing sites. We now seek an experienced Project Manager to be responsible for the Day-to-day Management for a revolutionary New Product launch.
This is a high level Project Manager (PM) role to take a New Product from Design through to Production and onto the Global market in 2021. Working at a site housing 60 engineers you will work closely with a Leading vehicle manufacturer (who are supporting this project) you will have high exposure at board level within your company and the customer.
The Project Manager is responsible for managing the cross functional team executing the tasks defined in the Project Management Model. The responsibility of the Project Manager spans from Toll Gate 0 (Kick off by Sales / Product Management) to Toll Gate 5 (Launch/ Completion). Furthermore, the Project Manager is responsible for managing the cross functional project team to achieve the objectives defined for product/process development and launch by accuracy in scope and business case management.
You will be responsible for all aspects of the project including, managing risks, client relationships at board level, project time management, (including work breakdown & activities) planning and critical path analysis and ALL commercials and budgetary controls.
* Day-to-day management of the project core team activities to ensure the entire project is progressing in line with the plan.
* Communication with customer and internal stakeholders, including European Board Directors, Chief Engineers R&D, Team Leaders and Department Managers, Financial Accounting and Commercial teams.
* Management of the major project reviews, identifying clear objectives, inputs, outputs and success criteria.
* Monitor and control the project finances (contingency, tooling cost, profit, GM) to ensure the project is delivered within the agreed budget.
* Monitor and control all Project and Product Scope and work packages to ensure they are delivered on time and on cost.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
* Proven experience in project management within Automotive/Engineering/Aerospace industries.
* Product/process development and launch experience preferred.
* Excellent inter-personal skills; able to influence, persuade and negotiate with all levels of people effectively.
* Ability to cope under pressure and ensure deadlines are met.
* Strong attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
* Good presentation and customer facing skills.
* Highly results orientated; strong drive to deliver.
It is highly likely you will have worked in any of the following roles and/or markets, and worked with the following products and/or services: Project Engineer, Project Manager, Programme Engineer Director, NPD Project manager. Automotive, Passenger Cars, Commercial Vehicles, OEM Tier 1 or Tier 2. Transportation Aerospace, Engineering.
Please Note - We have been selected as the exclusive retained partner for this role so any direct applications to our client from candidates or agencies will be forwarded on to us direct.
INTERESTED? Please apply to our retained consultant Ian Lyons quoting Project Manager – Automotive Engineering reference IL1801-42 to DD: +44 (0)1604 683306 Wallace Hind Selection. The Old Vicarage. Duston. Northants. NN5 6JB. Tel: +44 (0) 1604 758857. Please note that the postcodes used for this vacancy are for searching purposes only, they may not refer exactly to where the role is based.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79168362