About the Company:
Leading reinsurance intermediary and strategic advisor to leading insurance and reinsurance organisations, delivering integrated solutions through its industry-leading analytics and advisory services, highly specialised product knowledge and trading relationships with reinsurance markets around the world.
About the Role:
Insurance or Reinsurance professional with experience and technical knowledge of either major or commercial lines of business within a technical insurance capacity. They are seeking experienced and entry level Insurance or Reinsurance professionals as part of a dedicated team of Reinsurance Technicians in Witham to support a client base through transactional processing, securing reinsurance recoveries and through timely and accurate system entry.
There are a number of opportunities across all levels on a permanent and 23 month fixed term contract basis.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Manage an assigned client portfolio, taking full end-to-end responsibility of technical duties relating to client accounts, premiums and claims. Also covering excess of loss and pro rata business or alternatively binder and facultative risks types.
- Assess and submit client and/or reinsurer presentation materials and communications
- Work with Market Fiduciary to assist with collection of funds
- Manage all brokerage receivables, funding, retention, e-trading, post booking receipt, ad hoc reporting requests, payment of funds and all management and transactional process steps
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand issues, resolve problems and queries and review working practices
Skills & Qualifications
- Significant experience of working within a technical capacity for a Broker and/or Underwriter, either within the Insurance or Reinsurance sectors
- Successful management of workload; with an ability to manage expectations of all clients and stakeholders
MW Appointments is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79191967