Conveyancing Legal Secretary
An established and growing law firm are looking for and experienced Legal Secretary to provide a full administrative and secretarial service to the Fee Earners within their Conveyancing Department.
Main Job Responsibilities:-
- Audio typing of correspondence, documents and forms.
- Receive clients who call at the office, dealing personally where possible and where legal advice is not required, and where not possible taking messages, receiving documents and making appointments, as appropriate.
- Handling of and dealing with clients’ calls and liaising with fee earners where appropriate.
- Deal with queries raised by other service suppliers, e.g. Solicitors
- Undertake document preparation, typing, administration and secretarial work, selecting where appropriate correct current forms, reports and Court documents.
- Maintaining an efficient filing system for client matters including, opening new files, filing documents and archiving.
- Photocopying plans, documents, forms and correspondence.
- Recording all payments into and out of the business.
- Dealing with outgoing post.
Knowledge and Experience:-
- Experience of working as a Legal Secretary.
- Excellent keyboard skills with a good knowledge of Microsoft Office Outlook, Excel & Word.
- Dynamic in approach and uses initiative when dealing with clients or potential clients.
- A positive approach to customer service and excellent communication skills.
- Strong audio typing skills.
Holiday: 23 days + 1 or 2 extra days at Christmas & Bank Holidays
35 hours a week. Hours of work 9am – 5pm Monday – Friday
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79179918