Senior Financial Accountant
Senior Financial accountant required to join an NHS organisation, specifically on a large scale capital programme.
Key responsibilities of the Senior Financial Accountant
- Review the revaluation spreadsheet to establish and confirm the correct revaluation reserve balance for each relevant asset, and impairments and revaluations to date.
- Reconcile and validate the District Valuer valuations to reciprocal assets to upload to Asset 4000
- Support and train staff to update the asset records in Asset 4000 to reflect the revaluation being undertaken by the District Valuer during January 2018 for year end, and update the revaluation records spreadsheet to reflect the correct amounts to be taken to the SOCI and reserves.
- Review the processes used to record and calculate accounting entries and balances for Capital Assets. Where appropriate, develop and implement revised processes to make the best use of available software and practice. Ensure that procedures are clear, efficient and documented, revising processes and documentation as required.
- Year-end capital accounting / revaluations including statutory accounts and capital TAC returns
Skills and experience required
Qualified AccountantStrong understanding and hands-on experience of relevant Capital Accounting. Note this need not be NHS.Ability to take on work with significant autonomy, plan and deliver results.Strong understanding of Excel and IFRS Capital Accounting.Ability to work with and support existing team, and transfer knowledge during the assignment.
Knowledge and experience of the RAM 4000 system and its capabilities and limitations.Experience in business process design and re-engineering.
Required skills and experience of the Senior Financial Accountant
- Qualified Accountant
- Strong understanding and hands-on experience of relevant Capital Accounting. Note this need not be NHS.
- Ability to take on work with significant autonomy, plan and deliver results.
- Strong understanding of Excel and IFRS Capital Accounting.
- Ability to work with and support existing team, and transfer knowledge during the assignment.
Desirable to have the following experience:
- Knowledge and experience of the RAM 4000 system and its capabilities and limitations.
- Experience in business process design and re-engineering
This is fantastic opportunity to join a well-established NHS organisation. If you believe you have the necessary skills and experience for the Senior Finance Assistant role, please apply now, or contact Stephanie Tasker at Sellick Partnership.
Disclaimer: Please note our advertisements use years' experience and salary levels purely as a guide. We are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79167514