Project Engineer - Starters & Generators
I am currently looking for a permanent Project Engineer – Starters & Generators to join an automotive tier 1 supplier.
The tier 1 supplier is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 220,000 employees in 56 countries.
The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes:
- Instrument clusters
- Multi-functional and head-up displays
- Control units
- Access control and tire-information systems
- Infotainment systems
- Input devices
- Control panels
- Climate control units
- Technical role to provide support for Starter Motor, Generator, Alternator, E-Machine development within the designated customer vehicle projects
- Customer facing based at their customers site in Crewe
- Key customer contact for area of responsibility i.e. Motors, Generators, Alternators, E Machines.
- Specify starter and generator vehicle requirements.
- Package verification of starter and generator.
- Validation and performance testing of parts in-vehicle and certification test management.
- Test and monitoring of performance of components.
- Project planning of parts development.
- Key engineering liaison with supplier of Energy Management parts.
- Experience of delivery of automotive project delivery in a customer facing role.
- Project experience in automotive electrical engineering environment, preferably in vehicle energy.
- Experience of automotive project delivery in electrical generators, starters, hybrid, E Machine
- Experience of validation testing and proving ground testing is advantageous.
- Experience of supplier technical management.
- Experience of vehicle instrumentation and validation testing at various proving grounds.
- Good Communicator with the ability to interact with people at all levels.
- Free to travel in EU, extensive validation testing in Europe is envisaged in this role.
- Good project management skills.
- Electrical qualification. HEV vehicle safety training is a distinct advantage.
- Regular travel in EU is envisaged in this role.
- EU driving licence. If under 25 must have ROSPA gold driving test pass.
If you are interested in this position please click APPLY NOW!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926122