Industrial Method Study Engineer
Sitec has a requirement for an Industrial Method Study Engineer - for our client Perkins Engines. This is a temporary role for an estimated 12 months and will be based in Peterborough. The work is expected to be ongoing.
The Industrial Method Study Engineer will have a background in industrial engineering and will be responsible for recording, monitoring and analysing method studies relating to cycle times.
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been building the world's infrastructure and, in partnership with our network of Cat® dealers worldwide, has helped drive positive and sustainable change on every continent. We are a global company, with hundreds of locations worldwide to serve and support our customer base, and respond quickly to their needs.
Perkins Engines, a wholly owned subsidiary of Caterpillar Inc., is recognised as a leading manufacturer of industrial diesel engines. OEM Manufacturers and users on every continent have, for generations, trusted Perkins Engines to power their world.
Key Responsibilities will include:
Industrial engineering is tasked with studying and developing the most effective and efficient way to use plant, machinery, materials, etc. The main objectives of industrial engineering are as follows:
* Study and record present work processes.
* Analyze data and prepare reports for new methods of increased production, improved cycle time balance and reduction of cost.
* Achieve optimum utilization of resources.
* Develop work measurement procedures and direct time-and-motion studies to promote efficient and economical utilization of personnel and facilities: Conduct observation and analysis of personnel and work procedures to determine time-and-motion requirements of job duties using MOST® (Maynard Operation Sequence Technique) work measurement techniques.
* Increase productivity without incurring incremental costs.
* Encourage opportunities for automation to decrease human intervention.
* Develop efficient and effective operation work cycles.
* Increase production efficiency.
* Efficient flow of material and products.
* Efficient handling of material and better layout.
* Benchmark and establish standard performance levels, thus provide targets for the organisation.
* Candidate must be qualified and experienced in M.O.S.T. synthetic time system
* Experience of assembly line analysis
* Experience of line balance generation
This vacancy is being advertised by Sitec.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924917