Database Consultant (PosgreSQL) - Edinburgh - £400 to £600 per day - 6 months - ASAP
Your new company
A busy public sector body who is going through a large digital transformation and is on the cutting edge of technology is looking for a strong Database Consultant. The digital programme has been one of the most successful programmes delivered in Scotland.
Your new role
You will be responsible for the performance, integrity and security of the organisations system databases based on Postgres, Oracle, MongoDB, SQL server and Informix.. Troubleshooting and resolving any issues on behalf of the users. Involved in the planning and execution of data migration from legacy applications and databases to the new technology estate where appropriate.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must have experience managing, optimising and administering Postgresql
- Experience performing database tuning
- Experience establishing and enforcing database security
- Experience in using agile techniques and methodologies to improve value, flow and quality in delivery
- Effective communication skills in written and verbal English.
- Passionate about database and delivery, can-do attitude.
What you'll get in return
A 6 month contract at a good rate in a business that is embracing technology.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79189594