Service & Installation Manager
We are looking for an experienced Service & Installation Manager to join a high technology company developing complex capital equipment for the commercial printing industry. Based at their Cambridge HQ, the Service and Installation Manager will manage the international field service teams who will be working worldwide. The individual we are looking for will almost certainly have previously served as a Field Service Engineer themselves and must have previous experience managing a skilled service team, installing, supporting and commissioning special purpose machinery across the world.
Service & Installation Manager Responsibilities
* Manage the installation team, including planning and scheduling installations. Forecasting and planning resources to a budget and proactively communicating deviations or issues in advance
* Ensure all necessary arrangements for on-site plant equipment, accommodation and transportation are made for most cost efficient or most productive use of resource
* Ensure that the levels of staff for installations and commissioning are planned/ agreed with client in advance
* Ensure management disciplines are implemented and give leadership to site teams to meet targets for service delivery, including cost, quality, health and safety
* Ideally HNC or Degree qualified -or extensive equivalent experience in lieu
* Experience installing capital equipment, automation control systems or robotics or managing / scheduling international resources
* Previous experience leading and managing an International Field Service Engineering team
* Leadership/people management experience
* Willing to travel occasionally -although the role is mainly UK/Cambridge office based
Job Location: Cambridge ( Commutable from Cambridge, Royston, Bury St Edmunds, Bedford, North London, Harlow, Stevenage, etc)
Salary: £50k - £65k + Benefits (depending on experience) - potential relocation package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79185674