Mechanical / Electrical Fitter
Our client is a leading provider in the manufacture and installation of specialised machinery and systems. They are now recruiting for a Mechanical / Electrical Fitter to join their team at their site in Aldridge. The successful candidate will assist in the smooth running of one-off projects and ensure that machinery and systems are built to the customer specifications of their prestigious client base.
This presents itself as an ideal opportunity to join an established company and, although not essential, could be well suited for a person who has previously served in the Armed Forces i.e. Army, Royal Navy or Royal Air Force (RAF) and has previously worked within an Aircraft Engineering, Marine Engineering (Mechanical), REME (Mechanic) or similar role. Candidates wishing to apply must hold a relevant Mechanical Engineering knowledge with electrical skills.
- Responsible to a Project Manager for ensuring that each machine is built to the required standard by the required completion date.
- Carry out machine assembly tasks including; pneumatic, hydraulic, PLC’s, wiring, precision parts etc and correctly installed and meeting maximum efficiency.
- Carry out basic electrical tasks including reading electrical drawings and assembling electrical cabinets.
- Use workshop tools and equipment as per manufacturer’s recommendations, H&S guidelines, company policy and training received.
Complete all documentation on time, to agreed company standards.
- Exercise a duty of care to others and promote a positive approach towards workplace health and safety.
- Conduct all activities within current H&S regulations, company policy and best practice.
- Keep the workshop tidy, clean and safe at all times.
- Liaise with engineering colleagues and the production team to identify machine improvements and maintenance requirements.
- Occasional requirement to visit customer sites to commission the client’s machinery.
- It is envisaged that the successful candidate will have a strong mechanical engineering background and will hold good electrical skills.
- Mechanical fitting experience from any industry.
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical drawings and ability to assemble small electrical cabinets.
- Ability to make decisions.
- Able to prioritise several projects at once and meet deadlines.
- Maintain records to ISO 9001 during the machine build.
- Ensure the high quality of the product/s is maintained.
- Knowledge of pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Ability to operate workshop machines, turning, milling etc.
- Forklift license.
- Salary payable up to £29,000.
- Monday to Friday 8am - 4.30pm.
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays.
- Pension Scheme.
- Onsite Parking, Uniform, PPE.
- Opportunity to join a varied environment.