Graduate Teaching Assistant - Humanities - Close to Oadby
Graduate Teaching Assistant - Humanities
Are you a recent humanities graduate with a 2:1 or above in your Geography or History degree and are now looking to hit the ground running with your career?
Maybe you are in search of a role that encompasses your subject specialism; allowing you to share your knowledge each day?
Would relish the opportunity to take on a paid Humanities Teaching Assistant role, for the rest of the academic year, to allow you to explore teaching as a possible career option?
This large forward thinking Leicester Secondary, based in the Oadby area, are in search of an ambitious and inspiring graduate to join their supportive team. You will not only gain the instrumental classroom experience you may need to begin a teaching career but you will also get your first taste of what it's like to impart your humanities knowledge to inspired young minds in an educational environment.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You will be utilising your excellent subject knowledge
- Long-term role to explore if teaching is for you
- Allocated mentor
- Supporting high achieving GCSE students to help them achieve top results
- Supporting teaching in the classroom
- Observing outstanding teaching each day
- Organising and delivering targeted sessions for high achievers
- Opportunity to build your confidence
- Hone your teaching and mentoring skills.
- Paid up to £300 per week
- Full-time paid role until the end of the academic year
- Humanities graduate with a minimum of a 2:1
- Geography/History desired
- The perfect candidate will have the drive and ambition to enter a career within education
- Some experience working with children or young people will strengthen your application
- Possess the drive to make a difference
- The drive to raise aspirations within the department and the wider school environment
The school has a proven track record of working with and developing graduates, giving them the required skills and experience to become future 'Outstanding' teachers!
The majority of the schools we work with have teacher training programmes and use this vital experience 'foundation year' before starting teacher training the following academic year.
At i-teachers we are keen to find you your perfect role, to enable you to develop into a teaching career. If you like the sound of this role, but you're unsure if it's exactly right, send your CV to Emma at i-teachers to be considered for this and other positions.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924072