This role will ensure that the accounting and control of all overheads, rental income and property outgoings for the company is of the highest quality.
A large FTSE250 listed organisation situated 15 minutes outside of Birmingham City Centre. Massively growing and expanding their operations and investments which is causing their Finance function to also increase in numbers. They offer excellent benefits and plenty of opportunities for further development and growth.
The key responsibilities include:
- Working with regional finance teams to produce annual net rent budgets and service charge reconciliations and improving the recover-ability of service charges and ensuring that an appropriate return is generated from service charge activity
- Reviewing outgoings and ensuring that appropriate accruals and prepayments are posted to keep outgoings up to date each month and ensure that costs are well controlled, analysed and understood
- Preparing service charge statements and balancing charge invoices for tenants
- Preparing budgets and forecasts for overheads, gross rents and property outgoings to the financial planning and analysis team
- Providing support to the regional finance and property admin teams with the general ledger and property ledger system (Qube)
- Posting overhead and property related payments to the correct accounts and with the correct VAT codes within the general ledger
- Providing an analysis of overhead expenditure and its coding to assist with procurement improvements and variance understanding
- Preparing and posting ground rents, rent guarantees, overage calculations and monthly review of sales ledger and bad debts
- Principal contact for asset managers and surveyors as well as liaising with auditors (internal and external) as well as tax advisers as necessary
- Posting month-end entries and preparing schedules required for month-end reporting, including reconciling control accounts
- Dealing with ad-hoc queries
The successful candidate profile includes:
- Recognised accountancy qualification (or by experience)
- Familiarity with, and experience of, property and service charge transactions
- Experience in interacting with, working with and supporting operational teams
- Strong excel skills
- Track record of process/efficiency improvements
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Familiarity with UK corporate taxes and VAT desirable
Competitive salary ranging from £35,000 - £45,000 depending on experience as well as an excellent benefits package.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79171805