Calibration and Maintenance Engineer
Calibration and Maintenance Engineer (Mechanical biased) is required for a contract assignment with a multi national defence client based in Bolton.
Candidates must be HNC/HND qualified.
Calibration Engineer responsible for Calibrating and Maintaining Mechanical including Special to type Test Equipment (STTE) , to agreed time, cost and quality.
For all test activities with the following main specific responsibilities:
- Calibrate test/measuring equipment to instructions, handbooks, drawings or specifications and provide technical advice/ guidance on C&M measurement matters.
- Maintain and repair test/ measuring equipment to component level.
- Support the customer on site and at the customer premises.
- Keeping calibration/ maintenance records for traceability purposes
- Accountable for their own safety and that of others working in their area.
- Responsible for their own times, quality of work and to ensure that working numbers are correct.
- Responsible for highlighting when spares are Requirement and arranging for them to be ordered.
- Test Facility commissioning to acceptance ensuring Configuration Control of Equipment and Facilities is in place prior to use and all appropriate documentation is available.
- Provide Technical support to Calibration Engineering to facilitate the efficient servicing of STTE to enable production testing of hardware and repair phases of the contract.
- Assessment of related equipment issues directing support services to resolve equipment failures.
- Represent Calibration department at Test Equipment Review meetings to provide technical information/advice when requested.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Minimum qualification: HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years. Experience and knowledge in the Calibration of Test Equipment and Maintenance of test systems to component level.
- Have a good understanding of Calibration principles and processes.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
Candidates must be prepared to undergo a security vetting procedure.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925790