Compliance & Assurance Advisor - Decommissioning
Decommissioning requires robust planning and decision making that incorporates operational and stakeholder objectives, cost control and an understanding of liability, risk profiles and the requirements set by regulatory and environmental bodies.
An experienced compliance and assurance professional is needed to help navigate the regulatory and technical complexities of late-life operations and decommissioning of offshore installations and pipelines.
Candidates currently working within a process industry are desirable; however, experience in developing, implementing and monitoring a Compliance Assurance Plan in other heavily-regulated industries will be considered. The right candidate will need to be proactive, have strong organisational skills, and be an analytical thinker with a good eye for detail.
This role provides not only the opportunity to learn skills that are currently in demand in the UKCS, but in the future will be in demand all over the world.
This is an integral position within our Decommissioning Team. The successful candidate will be an experienced compliance and assurance professional for the provision of Permits, Licenses, Approvals, Notifications and Consents (PLANC) to support the Decommissioning activities. Responsibilities are focused on ensuring compliance with all applicable legislation, codes of practice, guidelines, industry standards and good practice throughout all stages of the decommissioning process as well as providing a proactive support to the department on PLANC issues.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance Lead as well as functionally through the QSHE department.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the PLANC process from the initiation of the decommissioning phase through to close-out of decommissioning activities for each asset.
- Gather information required to support the PLANC decommissioning process
- Draft documents required throughout the decommissioning process
- Maintain short and long-term plans of documents submissions to ensure delivery and avoid delays in the decommissioning operations.
- Providing advice and guidance to onshore and offshore decommissioning team on PLANC issues
- Ensure a consistent approach to PLANC management across all operations by liaising with the QSHE department
- Proactively engage with decommissioning engineering team to ensure PLANCs commitments issues are considered in the planning phase and adequately dealt with
- Participate in the delivery of audits relating to PLANCs commitments
- Participate in the development of the Decommissioning Compliance and Assurance plan and execute action points resulting from the plan
- Assist with Safety Case Lifecycle Management
- Provide operational assurance
- Integrate technical plans and assess their adequacy with regulations and commitments
- Provide technical explanations to department staff
- Train, coach and enthuse colleagues as a member of a coherent team
- Interact with Regulatory Bodies
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
- Experience in a UK regulatory framework, including delivery of regulatory requirements
- Technical background in a process or construction industry; however experience on major projects in other heavily-regulated industries will be considered
- Experience in developing, implementing and monitoring Compliance Assurance Plans
- Internal assurance auditing experience
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Analytical thinker with a good eye for detail
- Confident individual who can engage with key stakeholders in a professional manner
Fircroft has been placing people in specialist technical industries for approaching half a century, focusing on mid to senior level engineers for contract and permanent roles worldwide. By applying for this job you give consent for Fircroft to contact you, via email & telephone, to discuss your application along with future positions and Fircroft's services.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925013