Personal Tax Manager - Top 10 Firm
Chance for a Personal Tax Manager to join a top 10 firm in Guildford offering fantastic advisory exposure and progression opportunities.
A top 10, firm of chartered accountants and business advisors based in Guildford. An established firm with expertise in many fields of tax, accountancy and finance, they deal with clients ranging from large, listed corporates and SMEs to individuals, their families and their businesses.
They offer clients a high level of partner involvement, together with the combined knowledge and experience of an established team.
- Responsible for a portfolio of private clients, including self-employed, employed, high net worth individuals, landlords, Trusts and Partnerships. This will include preparing work for review by managers and liaising with managers and partners.
- Liaise with clients in writing, via telephone and in face-to-face meetings.
- Liaise with third parties, including HM Revenue and Customs, brokers, banks, and solicitors.
- Advisory work provided on an ad hoc basis in connection with various tax issues such as non-doms, owner managed businesses, Capital Gains Tax and Inheritance Tax planning.
- Work on HMRC investigations.
- Supervision of secondees and junior staff, including training/mentoring, delegating and reviewing work.
- Acting as manager in relation to a portfolio of smaller assignments where junior staff will complete the work.
- Preparing bills for clients and liaising with managers and partners to discuss WIP/bills.
- Other admin duties to assist in the smooth running of the team.
- Participating in marketing and other business development opportunities for the benefit of the Tax Division.
- The ideal candidate will have a good academic record and a proven record of experience in the above areas.
- The ideal candidate will be professionally qualified.
Salary - £45,000 - £60,000 depending on experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79167993