The SharePoint Developer will be responsible for a variety of project tasks and will work with other members of the Development team to deliver projects that will enhance the functionality of a SharePoint 2013-based intranet. He/she will be responsible for the design and build of innovative web applications to ensure a great user experience for our customers. The successful candidate will be a capable developer who is self-motivated and able to convert requirements into usable systems and code quickly and efficiently with minimal assistance and supervision but realise and acknowledge the need to seek guidance as appropriate.
The role will be varied and include:
- Developing and supporting the firm's SharePoint platform.
- Acting as the SharePoint subject matter expert. Responsible for managing the day-to-day administration of the SharePoint farm, including monitoring troubleshooting and performance analysis.
- Liaising with stakeholders at all levels of the business to define and develop intranet-based solutions to business problems.
- Assisting with the upgrade of the existing 2013 system to SharePoint 2016.
- Creating standard SharePoint content, eg. master pages, sites templates, ad hoc sites, list, libraries, workflows, content types, publishing pages, content query web parts, etc.
- Developing and customising using out-of-the-box features, SharePoint Designer and InfoPath (eg. data views, custom pages/page layouts, master pages, style sheets, InfoPath forms etc).
- Providing technical guidance in the technologies related to the development and support of an Enterprise SharePoint environment. Responsible for the security of SharePoint and ensuring only the necessary people can access relevant content.
- Working alongside the Operations team to use Active Directory for SharePoint user authentication.
- Implementing appropriate testing and quality assurance.
- Ensuring that all development work is accurately and thoroughly documented and that the firm's standards in regard to security, architecture and design are adhered to.
- Providing training and documentation to content editors and end users.
- Working with product vendors to apply fixes, updates and to fix faults.
- Functional experience in all phases of the development life cycle and a proven consultative approach.
- Assisting with 3rd line support where necessary.
- Liaising appropriately with Operations, Service Desk and Change Management staff as appropriate to ensure a smooth deployment to live operation.
- Working closely with all members of the IT Department to provide a complete and cohesive IT service to our customers.
- Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Key Skills & Experience Required
The successful candidate will be a capable developer who is self motivated and able to convert requirements into usable systems and code quickly and efficiently with minimal assistance and supervision but realise and acknowledge the need to seek guidance as appropriate.
The candidate must be able to deliver quality solutions to tight deadlines working in an open friendly but pressurised environment.
Experience of working collaboratively as part of a team of analysts and programmers, including use of version control, coding standards, testing and peer review.
- A minimum of 3 years' relevant experience
- SharePoint 2010/2013/2016 (Essential)
- HTML (Essential)
- CSS (Essential)
- Powershell (Essential)
- Visual Studio 2013/2015/2017 (Essential)
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926234