IT Support Apprentice
Did you know that over 43% of issues arising within PCs and laptops can be resolved through remote support?
Baltic Training and the Altius Trust are excited to be recruiting for a passionate candidate to work with their team in Manchester.
The Altius Trust is an ambitious and growing Academy Trust which currently operates two secondary schools, Manchester Enterprise Academy in Wythenshawe, and MEA Central, which opened in September 2017. The vision of the Trust is ‘a fantastic future for all’; to ensure every one of their students develops the skills and qualifications necessary to succeed in a rapidly changing world.
Providing IT Support to staff and students alike, Altius Trust are now seeking new talent to complement their existing team.
A wise man once said, “The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow” Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you’re looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Setting up, installation and supporting of general IT equipment in the academy & equipment required for events
- Maintaining an Inventory of ICT equipment
- Setting up new user accounts and passwords
- Routine maintenance and administration of backups & active directory
- Updates to IT equipment and iPads as required
- Using and supporting internal software such as SIMS
- General troubleshooting and support for both staff and students during the academy day
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills (English, maths and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- Good communication skills & confident to work with students
- Passion for IT
- Experience of taking apart PC’s and laptops, with a good understanding of troubleshooting
- Ability to work on own initiative
- At least 5 GCSEs grade A-C
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £15,014 per annum
- Full time (35 hours a week)
- 20 days holiday plus bank holidays
Location and travel
Based in Wythenshawe, the academy is easily accessible by public transport.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need. So that’s exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
About The Altius Trust
For the past few years Manchester Enterprise Academy (MEA) has been on an amazing journey to improve education for our students and we have transformed the Academy. Academic standards have soared, teaching is excellent and MEA is now recognised as an innovative and ambitious Academy at a national level. We had an excellent Ofsted inspection early in 2015 with many ‘Outstanding’ features and in the summer of the same year we won the MEN Award for Secondary School of the Year.
The Altius Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment to safeguarding children. All successful appointments are subject to receiving satisfactory references and a satisfactory Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Enhanced check. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974.
Good Luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79179541