Careers Guidance and Work Skills Tutor
Careers Guidance and Works Skills Tutor
Location: Fort Wallington, PO16 8TT
Salary: £19,080 to £21,458 per annum
About the company:
Our client is an expanding, dynamic charity that is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and education of children, young people and families and they expect ALL staff to share this commitment.
They are opening their third education facility to support its two existing successful schools and is looking to appoint a Careers Guidance and Work Skills tutor at their new education provision for up to 15 pupils based at Fort Wallington (Fareham). They will deliver a range of low level qualifications based on ASDAN and AQA awards for pupils between the ages of 14-19 with a variety of special educational needs and challenging behaviour on a 1:1 or small group basis.
Our client plans to appoint a Careers Guidance and Work Skills tutor who has a proven record of raising standards for pupils with Special Educational Needs.
Duties of the Careers Guidance and Work Skills Tutor:
- Work as a Careers Guidance Tutor within the education department, ensuring a high standard of personal lesson planning, assessment, delivery of lessons, marking of work and behaviour management.
- Participate in the completion and monitoring of all student assessments, career guidance plans and monitor and record such progress.
- Support the Head of School and Deputy with the curriculum structure and implementation of career guidance strategies including college and work placements to enhance the learning outcomes for its pupils.
- Participate in the implementation and delivery of each students Individual Education Plan (IEP), Personal Education Plan (PEP) and Transition Plans / Career pathways.
- Perform the role of allocated Tutor for an individual child/children and carry out the necessary tasks that this role entails – including liaising with parents/ carers and attending meetings.
Requirements of the Careers Guidance and Work skills Tutor:
- A relevant level 3 qualification in teaching and learning or equivalent experience in teaching is essential.
- Crucial to the success of this post is an ability to think creatively with flair and flexibility in a challenging learning environment and to engage our vulnerable pupils whilst being able to gain the respect of a highly committed staff team.
- A careers guidance qualification would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience of working with pupils with SEMH or Autism is essential.
Successful candidates will be required to provide an enhanced Disclosure (DBS).
Careers Guidance and Work Skills Tutor Benefits:
- Offer intensive in house Induction training prior to starting in your role. Their training department also offers a wide range of accredited courses from Level 2 Awards to Level 5 Diplomas in Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Counselling, Health Care, and Assessing.
- Offer access to legal, financial and personal advice.
- Have an active employee committee.
- After a year's employment, staff can benefit from a health scheme including discounts for restaurants, optical/dental discount and childcare vouchers.
- Offer discounted gym memberships.
- Working for our client will provide you with an opportunity to seek discount on products and local services as well as auto-enrolment into our Pension scheme.
If you meet the requirements and feel that this Careers Guidance and Work Skills Tutor role is right for you then please apply today!
Closing date: 28th January 2018
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180269