This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leading business as a senior engineer. As well as the day to day, you will be deputising for the engineering manager and getting involved in projects, installations and continuous improvement.
Berendsen is part of Elis, which as one group form a Pan-European textile, hygiene and facility service leader. They deliver value-added textile, hygiene and safety solutions across 28 countries in Europe & Latin America and have more than 45,000 employees delivering these services to customers every single day. They are industry leaders because their customers appreciate their commitment to both quality and service.
Berendsen values the effort that every one of their 45,000 people puts in, day and night, to deliver an exceptional service. Nobody can match their understanding of the importance of innovations or the skills required to deliver them. Their customers know that partnering with Berendsen enables them to benefit from continuous improvements in efficiency and this translates directly into reduced costs and lower environmental impact. Berendsen in the UK has over 9,000 employees working at over 60 sites, making them a major UK employer
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Berendsen Health and Safety Policy, national legislative requirements and the safety and wellbeing of your team. Further responsibilities will include, but not be limited to;
- Ensure PPM schedule is adhered to and highlight issues to Line Manager.
- Planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet production requirements of ongoing maintenance, replacement of parts and equipment and unplanned issues.
- Plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment as per production requirements.
- Work with approved suppliers to obtain parts and machinery.
- Work with the Engineer Director to coordinate and direct projects, making detailed plans to accomplish goals.
- Ensure all plant property, equipment and other assets are fit for purpose in compliance and Group standards and best practices.
- Ensure retention of any relevant accreditations for the Engineering department (e.g. ISO/EN14065), inclusive of planned preventative maintenance.
- Ensure technical support documents, trouble shooting guides and drawings are readily available and referenced on site.
- Ensure good records are maintained of shift logs and machine interventions.
- Establish and maintain and engineering visual management board focused around PDCA and hold regular team briefings to keep staff engaged.
- Using shire and where appropriate job request cards maintain a good engineering activity planning and request prioritisation system.
- Providing training to engineers and operators on new machinery, using the machinery documentation, Job element sheets and SSOWs.
- Directly supervise employees (including absence, performance management, grievances and Health and Safety Training).
- Monitor and agree with the Operations Manager SMART objectives for individual engineers and the team during regular review and feedback meetings
- Educated to degree level within an engineering discipline and/or time served as an apprentice with experience of electrical/mechanical/steam operations.
- A proven track record in the leading of engineering related continuous improvement programmes
- A track record of leading others particularly in a production/process facility or demonstrable ability to do so.
c£30,000 - £39,794 + benefits
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/79180898