Java Developer, Agile, - Bristol
Java Developer in Agile, TDD, CI environment in Central Bristol
We are seeking a talented Java Developer, with strong Java skills to join our development team to drive the architecture and development of our on-line applications, using the latest Java toolsets, within an Agile product team environment.
The salary range is broad as candidates with varying levels of hands on Java experience will be considered.
This role brings a great opportunity to gain experience of Cloud technologies (spcifically AWS). You will also be working closely with the Operations and DevOps team in an Agile/Continuous Integration environment.
The ideal candidate will bring a genuine enthusiasm for technology and the ability to thrive in an environment characterised by continual learning, cross-functional collaboration and flexibility. You will be a strong team player with the ability to communicate effectively and clearly with your team and business stakeholders. You will supervise the technical work of other developers working on the same products from a software development perspective and contribute significantly to the improvement of development methods, technologies, and platforms.
Technologies you will be working with include:
- Agile (Continuous integration environment)
- MarkLogic (NoSQL Database)
Applicants should have an in-depth knowledge and excellent practical understanding of software development, including:
- Comfortable in Agile environments with strong team working, communication and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability in the design and implementation of systems and architectures using Java.
- Solid understanding of continuous integration/delivery and practically how to ensure that the delivery process is efficient.
- Genuine interest in learning about new technologies and recognising where new technologies can bring business benefit.
About the benefits:
Comprehensive benefits package including:
- an excellent pension scheme
- discretionary annual bonus scheme
- private medical insurance
- life assurance
- generous annual leave
- a range of flexible benefits including childcare vouchers and gym membership.
- Subsidised café
- Modern offices 5 minutes walk from the train station
If the role sounds of interest and you feel you have the experience required please send me your CV and I will call you to discuss the role in more detail.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924455