Job Title: Data Architect
Salary: Up to £60,000 + benefits
Are you an experienced Data Architect / Senior Solutions Designer looking for your next challenge? Would you like the opportunity to work for a financial services company with a difference? If yes then this could be the perfect opportunity for you. This exciting business is government funded and a not a for profit bank set up to ensure the finance markets work better for small businesses within the UK. Small businesses have found gaining finance from the traditional sources difficult in recent times reducing their opportunity to invest to grow, my client work closely with more than 100 finance partners in the market, helping to unlock up to £10 billion of new finance and bring greater choice and information on finance options to smaller businesses.
As the sole Data Architect you will be part of the IT Team responsible for the design and delivery of the enterprise data landscape; build, optimise and maintain the data model (conceptual, logical, Physical etc.); develop database solutions; assess the impact of data schema changes on upstream data sources and downstream data consumers.
The role will principally involve supporting the Lead Architect, collaborating with Business and IT Application teams to help deliver the Change and IT plans for the business. This is a fantastic opportunity have a real impact on the data landscape for the business, helping to shape and deliver their data strategy and architecture. This role would suit an already experienced Data Architect or a Senior Data Solutions Designer looking to take that next step in their career.
- Lead all new data initiatives, analyse data requirements, design database solutions and migration approaches
- Build framework to ensure data integrity across all IT Systems (ERP, CRM, BI, Data warehouse, external interfaces etc)
- Build and maintain Entity Relationship Models, Data dictionary, taxonomy to aid data traceability
- Be an advocate of data security principles and design building appropriate security measures
- Be an active contributor of the Data Governance Working Group influencing the adoption of data standards
- Develop key performance measures for the Data Integration and quality by working with BI team
- Support third party data suppliers in developing specifications that are congruent with the Enterprise data architecture
Key Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in architecting and implementing Business Intelligence and Data warehouse platforms, Master data Management, data integration and OLTP database solutions
- Strong knowledge of industry best practices around data architecture
- Strong analytical and numerical skills are essential, enabling easy interpretation and analysis of large volumes of data
- Technical background in SQL, MySQL, SSRS, OLAP, SSIS, Cloud storage with strong data manipulation capabilities
- Architecting data solution across hybrid (cloud, on premise) data platforms
- Experience in logical and physical data modelling, data normalisation, data security, metadata management and Entity mapping tools such as Erwin etc
- Experience in contributing to enterprise data governance framework to document the processes clearly
- Experience with similar roles within either the financial services or public sector
If you are interested applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send you're CV and a covering letter/e-mail to ***************************** in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925393