Senior Merchandiser - Dorothy Perkins
A bit about us
Established over 90 years ago, Dorothy Perkins is now one of the biggest fashion retailers in the country. We trade in over 400 stores in the UK and operate in over 30 international markets, in-store and online, and we have further growth planned in the next 6-12 months.
With over 100 years of heritage we are synonymous with providing ‘Lovely Affordable Fashion’ for the 25-35 year old woman. The Dorothy Perkins customer loves fashion and takes a close interest in the new trends, with quality, fit and price also being key.
Develop in conjunction with the Buyer a commercial and credible range and lead a team to deliver
What you will be doing day to day
- Work alongside the Buyer, to run and develop a department, focusing all activity on meeting customer needs and achieving bottom line results
- Deliver with the Buyer, Designer and Technologist, a credible and balanced range and integrate previous season’s experience into the new department strategy
- Manage profit performance through limiting risk, potentialising profit and managing departmental sales performance
- Utilise relevant internal and external information to support recommendations/proposals
- Manage the supply chain to maintain and improve the flexibility from suppliers
- Motivates the team and manages individuals to achieve results
- Able to make suggestion to contribute to the brand strategy and demonstrates commercial brand values
- Drives a key project for the brand to drive trade. E.g. cross functional project for the Brand
- Good problem solving skills – can overcome issues, propose solutions and make commercial decisions
- Seen as a leader to support peer group and contributes ideas to develop skills of merchandising team
- Confidently influences Senior Management and provides support for their manager.
- Works with others and influence and communicate effectively at all levels
- Commercially aware with a strong understanding of the high street
- Good people management skills
- Can perform under pressure and operate in a fast past environment
The exciting part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contacted.You’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
This job was originally posted as www.retailchoice.com/job/79184545