Mortgage Underwriters - Award Winning Lender - Remote/Home Based - Manchester
Mortgage Underwriter - Required to work remotely (Homebased) with occasional travel to brokers/intermedaires
£35,000 - £45,000 + bonues + pension + great place to work!!
My client needs 6 new underwriters, you will have the flexibility to work from home and also have the independence within their role to go out and actually work with the brokers and intermediaries face to face! This is a unique opportunity, with an element of Business Development, where you will be given the freedom to do your Underwriting whilst being out and about meeting and building relationships with your clients. And not only that, you will still receive a fantastic salary up to £40,000, plus a generous bonus AND car allowance! All you need is a current or recent Mandate - the client is even happy to get you up to speed if you had a Mandate previously…
This new role offers the ideal mortgage underwriter the opportunity to work for a progressive and forward-thinking specialist mortgage lender that distributes via the financial intermediary channel in a market sector that is currently undergoing phenomenal growth.
Following the lenders’ recent business growth this role has been created to expand the existing underwriting team
- Current Underwriting Mandate
- Experience of manual underwriting and assessing complex mortgage applications
- A solid understanding of the mortgage process
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Prepared to work under pressure to tight deadlines
Key responsibilities of the role:
- To work on clients sites - travel involved
- To process new business in line with credit policy, the responsible lending policy, the underwriting manual and the underwriting process manual.
- Build a thorough understanding of the products offered by the Firm, its lending strategy, credit risk policies, and processes.
- To assess borrower creditworthiness and underwrite new mortgage applications from initial receipt through to completion.
- Supporting the processing team and underwriting peer group in delivering an excellent, compliant service with prompt and accurate decision at each stage of the process.
If this sounds of interest and to be considered, please apply immediately to this advert.