We are delighted to be able to support our Warrington based Client with their search for a Permanent Group Accountant.
My Client is an £850m turnover business. This is an excellent opportunity to further your career with a global business that is experiencing rapid growth. Due to the complexity of this role (multi-site, multi-currency, multi-entity), the experience you will gain will strongly enhance your CV!
Duties will include:
- Review of monthly Group Reporting
- Preparation of Global Management pack & Group Consolidation
- Working closely with Group Reporting Manager for the preparation of deliverables for Board of Directors & Shareholders
- Promoting & improving Group Accounting policies & practices, and continuing development of the Global Finance community
- Regular liaison with other teams in the Finance community such as Global Accounts & Service Centre
- Co-ordinating & reviewing Month End reporting from overseas & UK, providing timely feedback & assistance to relevant teams
- Preparation of Group Cash Flow & provision of support to the Treasury team
- Preparation of monthly reconciliations between Management & Statutory Accounts, as well as reconciliation to the Operational / Management system
- Data mapping & reporting for Management reporting systems in line with the published group timetable
Experience / Qualifications required:
- ACA Qualified, ideally with some Post Qualification experience, with experience of auditing extremely complex Financial Accounts for large companies. ACCA Qualified candidates will be considered provided that you have the requisite experience of auditing extremely complex Financial Accounts for large companies.
- Big 4 or Top 10 trained
- Experience of finalising Statutory Accounts
- Experience of Management Accounts & Group Reporting
- Experience of Data Analysis & Process improvement
- Strong technical UK & International GAAP / IFRS Accounting knowledge, reconciliation and analysis skills
- Ability to advise other members of accounting staff on good accounting practice & financial controls
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to manage locally & internationally based relationships
- Ability to communicate with non-Finance and senior level staff
- Ability to work independently & as part of a team in order to ensure all responsibilities are being project managed & completed appropriately
- Proactive & self-motivated with a desire to find & deliver improvements
This role will pay a salary in the region of £40,000 - £45,000 + Pension + Healthcare + Death in Service + Free Parking + Cycle to work scheme + onsite gym + 22 days holiday rising to 27 days after each years' service.
My Client is looking for someone to start ASAP but is prepared to wait for the right candidate. If you're interested in this role, please send me your CV by 5:30pm on Thursday 18th January. They are looking to conduct interviews week commencing 22nd January and it will be a 2 stage interview process. An offer will be made shortly after the interview process is concluded.
Reed Specialist Recruitment is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business for permanent and temporary recruitment. In response to your application Reed will contact you by phone, email or SMS to discuss it and related opportunities. You can opt out at any time using the links provided.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924996