Aerospace Systems Engineer
AEROSPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
AKKA Technologies is an engineering and technology consultancy group which supports its clients to meet their technical and commercial challenges. We bring the power of a global capability and the unique position of being able to harness transnational flexibility whilst offering the benefit of a local presence with our clients. A truly integrated organisation, our business units work hand-in-hand to deliver complex international projects where the expertise of our consulting engineers has become a major asset for our clients. With nearly 15,000 skilled employees and a solid presence in Europe, Asia, and North America, we have grown to become one of the world’s leading engineering consulting companies with a strong focus on the mobility sectors of aerospace, automotive and rail.
Due to recent contract wins, we are seeking a number of aerospace systems engineers to join our existing AKKA engineering teams to support an exciting new venture on behalf of our expanding client base in the aerospace sector. With our engineering activity covering the entire V-cycle from conception to test, the role will appeal to candidates with a sound appreciation of systems engineering principles. Due to the diverse nature of the opportunity we are looking for talented and motivated engineers with experience in avionic, electrical, hydro-mechanical, and propulsion systems.
- Defining and tracking requirements
- Writing system development and validation/verification plans
- Producing technical documentation and follow-up of modifications
- Investigating in-service incidents
- Taking ownership of the validation and verification process including supplier coordination and follow-up, support for equipment procurement (eg. Test rigs), managing equipment evolutions etc.
- Working closely with AKKA and client engineering teams in the UK & France
Skills & Knowledge:
- A degree in Aerospace engineering or other related field
- Experience of Requirement Based Engineering / product development life cycle (V-Cycle)
- Experience within an aerospace systems engineering environment
- Knowledge of aerospace physical systems - Avionics, Electrical, Hydro-mechanical, Propulsion
- Knowledge of any of the following aerospace standards: DO178, DO254, ARP4754, ARP4761, AFDX, ARINC 429
- Strong communication skills to build effective relationships with both client and AKKA team
- Fluent spoken and written English with a high level of attention to detail
- Spoken and written French would be advantageous.
Salary & Benefits:
The salary for this role will be based on experience. In addition to your basic salary, we also offer all our employees an attractive company benefits package which includes company pension, private medical insurance, a range of employee discounts, free on-site parking, death in service benefit, 5 œ weeks holiday plus bank holidays as well as regular company events.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924941