Our client is looking for a qualified Company Secretary to ensure excellent compliance is upheld across the group and to provide administrative support and compliance assurance to the Executive Management Team and Board Members. The ideal candidate for this role will be able to build and maintain effective relationships with all levels of seniority, and will greatly understand the role and responsibilities of the Board. If you’re well organised, can display exceptional commercial acumen and are a proactive team player, then don’t hesitate to get in touch!
- To support the Executive Director as Company Secretary.
- To provide high quality administration, including issuing notices and agendas of board and general meetings and taking the minutes of board and committee meetings.
- To maintain statutory registers, including the shareholding register and liaise with the shareholders.
- To procure and oversee the provision of external legal services to ensure appropriate levels of legal advice are being received.
- To ensure that publications, such as the annual financial statements, comply with the constitutions and statutory requirements.
- To keep up to date with all legislative, governance and regulatory changes.
- To maintain a register of policies and ensure that policies are reviewed in accordance with the agreed timetable.
- To produce and manage relevant budgets and comply with the Financial Regulations.
- Well organised with an eye for detail.
- Genuine team player.
- Displays a 'can do’ attitude.
- Commercial acumen.
- Able to build and maintain effective relationships.
Experience or Qualifications required:
- Professional qualification - Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA).
- Up to date working knowledge of regulation, governance, company law and Financial Conduct Authority requirements.
- An understanding of the role and responsibilities of the Board.
- Experience of setting, managing and achieving revenue budgets.