Audit Trainee in Milton Keynes
Audit Trainee role for a Top 10 UK Accountancy firm in Milton Keynes
As an Audit Trainee, your role is to provide an unbiased analysis of the client's financial records and test these records in accordance with accounting standards. These accounting standards form an integral part of your studies.
Your time will be split between working at client premises, working in the office and studying for your professional exams.
During your first year, you will support an Audit Senior at client premises. The senior will assign you work throughout the time you are onsite and will be with you in case you have any questions. You will gain exposure to a number of different industries and organisations, from privately owned business (POB) up to fully listed companies.
As an Audit Trainee, your typical daily duties will include:
- Checking a client's financial information, purchase and sales invoices, payroll records, bank balances and statements;
- Ensure sound knowledge of a client and its industry by researching background information;
- Develop communication skills and build relationships with key stakeholders;
- Utilise audit software;
- Attend client meetings and social activities;
- Attend in-house technical training as required;
They are looking for people who bring something special to the firm and who also have some distinctive qualities. We want driven people who think creatively about their work, embrace challenges and can resolve complex problems.
- Demonstrates strong analytical and research skills;
- Takes ownership of assigned tasks and adopts a pro-active approach;
- Ability to organise and prioritise workload;
- Produces accurate and timely work;
- Participates in meetings, providing information and ideas with clarity and persuasiveness;
- Ability to build relationships;
- Respects differences in people and values diversity of ideas;
- Actively seeks to enhance own expertise and knowledge;
- Demonstrates drive and commitment to self-development;
- Professional approach to work and clients i.e. professional appearance, respect for individuals, and ethical conduct.
They are looking for candidate with a strong academic background a 2.1 or above degree in any degree discipline and a Minimum of 112 UCAS points.
They are also looking for ambitious and driven individuals who are passionate about providing a high service level to your clients and have an analytical approach to work.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of 3 distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal and Pro-Finance