Principal Net Developer
Job Title: Principal .Net C# Developer
Salary: £65,000 - £73,000 + benefits
I have an exciting and challenging opportunity for an experienced principal .Net C# Developer with my key client based in Bracknell. My client is a specialist financial services business who offers a range of financial products to the retail market.
Due to continued growth and a large investment back into their underlying technology stack they are now looking to recruit a Principal .Net Developer to join their development team based in Bracknell. This is a senior role within the team and will be seen as a 'technical guru' taking the lead development and design role on some of their most high profile and interesting greenfield software projects whilst helping to mentor, guide and technically develop the more junior members of the team.
This is a hands on development and delivery role and would suit a senior developer who has been involved with design and architecture and is keen to remain hands on from a development perspective whilst expanding on their design, architecture and technical lead exposure. It is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to help shape and guide their architectural vision and the companies 3-5 year technology plan.
- Own and drive software engineering innovation with responsibility for technical decisions and accountability for outcomes
- Work in collaboration with business analysts, to understand requirements and translate them into well formulated and appropriately documented software designs, ensuring compliance with the agreed development lifecycle and operating principles
- Deliver end-to-end software engineering excellence in an Agile environment by the implementation of sound software engineering practice
- Take a technical leadership role in the development and execution of software development streams to reach agreed outcomes with adherence to delivery schedules. Formulate and articulate recommendations for solutions to complex and fundamental technical issues
- Mentor a multi-disciplined software engineering team and foster a culture of innovation, quality and continuous improvement
- Be a key stakeholder in the evolution of development processes, coding best practices, and code reviews
- Investigate & recommend relevant tools, technologies and practices through research and the use of targeted proof of concepts
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of industry standards in the development sphere with a view to applying the acquired knowledge to current systems where appropriate
- Hands-on development and troubleshooting of complex development challenges
Key Skills and Experience:
- Extensive Microsoft stack development experience (C#, .NET, ASP.NET, WPF, WCF and SQL Server)
- Extensive experience of developing with web, web service, desktop and, server technologies
- Proven and demonstrable history of success in advanced software development
- Strong experience operating in an Agile Scrum environment using Application Lifecycle Management
- Good T-SQL experience to include XML(XPath\XQuery)
- Web Services development experience (SOAP/REST)
- Expertise in developing data access and Web services
- Expertise in multi-threading, design patterns and scalability
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and communication skills with strong problem solving abilities
- Holistic understanding of software architecture principles (micro service, SOA, build frameworks) combined with outstanding coding skills
- Able to mentor and technically lead less experienced software engineers.
If you are interested applying for this exciting and challenging position, please send your CV and a covering letter/e-mail to ***************************** in the first instance.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925473