Director of IT Applications
Director of IT Applications - Application Support & Delivery, Development and Platforms - Brighton - Senior Leadership position with responsibility for a large diverse range of applications and associated IT services.
Reporting in to the CIO, this is a really interesting position with responsibility for stabilising application services, growing and motivating a specialist team and having a large contribution to the strategic direction of applications within the organisation. Managing a fairly complex estate of applications this is a long term role with a genuine ability to initiate change and help in a large transformation of the business. You'll manage teams responsible for platforms, integration and support of applications working closely with development teams and be a key part of the senior leadership team feeding in to strategy for general IT Infrastructure, service delivery and project and programme management.
Although it's a hands off role, ideal applicants will have a credible technical understanding coupled with a managerial background of large IT estates and a diverse spread of applications. Your background and experience will also cover most of the following -
- Support and provision of internal and customer facing applications
- A combination of in house, off the shelf and SaaS applications Application Development environments
- The application stack - including on premise datacentre, hosted and cloud PaaS
- ERP Systems (desirable)
- Complex Databases
- An understanding of compliance and governance - ISO's, Data Protection, GDPR etc
- A strong understanding of Security and Access Management
- Overall responsibility for recruitment, training and motivation of a large team
- Vendor / 3rd party MSP management and control
- Senior Stakeholder management
- Commercial control and management of the P&L
There's a limited amount of travel involved and in return a base salary of up to £100k is on offer with a package on top of that which includes a healthy bonus, pension and car allowance.
I work with a number of national and international companies, solution providers, MSP's and consultancies across the UK with a focus on Cloud technologies so if this role was a little below your ideal salary, a bit too far to travel or not making the most of your experience then please get in touch to discuss other opportunities.
Head of Applications - Worthing - Application Support & Delivery, Development and Platform - Senior Management, Strategy, Recruitment, Stakeholder Management, Commercial P&L Management, Applications, Databases.
Networkers acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Networkers and may assist with processing your application.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926127