RF Engineer - R&D
Job Title: RF Engineer - R&D
Sector: Hi Tech Manufacturing
Location: Livingston, Scotland
Salary: £36,000 to £43,000 per annum
RF Engineer - R&D: You will join a world leading electronics company, and perform RF engineering activities within an optoelectronics components R&D team.
A global manufacturer of high tech optoelectronic components who have a strong focus on research and development, and are the emerging market leader in the research, development and manufacturing of optoelectronic equipment used within data-communication centres
You will be a knowledgeable engineer with understanding of RF fundamentals, RF practical measurement and experience of general laboratory measurement methods. Your responsibilities include the
- 3D simulation of high frequency optoelectronic packages
- Simulation of gigabit link performance
- Design of high speed, multilayer PCBs
- Characterisation of optoelectronic devices
- Provide production advice & support
- Assist with design of automated RF characterisation rigs
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Honours degree or equivalent in physics, electronics or equivalent technical discipline, as well as data communications industry or optoelectronics design experience.
It is essential that you have:
- Experience of one or more of the following RF design tools: Ansys HFSS, Ansys Electronics Desktop, ADS
- Microwave Office
- Experience of designing with transmission lines including microstrip, stripline, coplanar and Differential traces.
- Experience of designing multilayer high speed PCBs: schematic capture & layout.
- Experience of Analog & Digital design.
- Understanding of Signal Integrity & EMC concepts.
- Familiarity with RF analysis tools:
- Vector Network Analyser
- Digital Communications Analyser
- Time Domain Reflectometer
- Interpretation of S-parameter & TDR data
- Understanding of system metrics such as BER.
- Understanding of Modulation schemes.
Send me your CV and I will call you to discuss this role and your situation in more depth
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959926065