The Bridge IT are currently working with one of our key clients to recruit a DevOps Engineer in to their central Glasgow office. The ideal candidate will come from a DevOps/Software environment previously and will understand how to work in an 'Automate First' type of environment. The main function of the role will be to work on a major piece of project work and will have day to day responsibility for the technical aspects of the project within the team. You will be managing, supporting and maintaining the projects infrastructure, automation and continuous delivery and integration.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Strong commercial experience of managing complex multi-tier enterprise infrastructure environments
- Strong AWS experience
- In-depth configuration management, automation and scripting skills including use of a scripting language such as Python or Ruby, proficiency with shell scripting (e.g. BASH)
- In-depth knowledge of platform and application automated deployment technologies (e.g. Cobbler, Puppet, Chef, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, Foreman)
- Exposure to iterative/Agile development methodologies (SCRUM, XP, DSDM, RUP etc.)
- Exposure to Continuous Integration and build tools
- Excellent Linux/Unix system administration skills
- In-depth knowledge of virtualisation platforms and Cloud orchestration technologies.
If you feel like this could be an opportunity that you would like to discuss further, please don't hesitate to apply and I will contact you directly - please note that the client is willing to speak to individuals from different stages in their career, hence the discrepancy in salary banding. All applications will be treated on their own merit regardless of desired salary.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/79177159