You will be working as part of a dynamic and highly-motivated development team – everything we do is about ensuring the best possible customer experience.
As a Front End Developer, you will be helping move from a monolithic application to a micro service based architecture. You will be involved in creating new Front End micro services - We use some of the latest cutting edge technologies within the Development team and we are growing fast, whilst creating a unique culture. This is an exciting time to join for a Front End Developer who is looking for an interesting and challenging role.
You will follow standard development processes and procedures (e.g. peer reviews, source control, etc), adopt established development standards and practices (including unit testing) and deliver high quality work to agreed timescales.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
- Development and maintenance of Software
- Able to communicate to technical and non-technical users
- Willingness to learn and adapt to ways of working and technologies
- Able to share knowledge and follow industry best practises
- Work in a Scrum environment
- Refactoring and migration of legacy code
- Work with remote teams
To Be Successful In This Role, You Need to Be:
- Self-motivated and upbeat; a positive nature that inspires others
- Thirst to learn new technologies and ways of doing things
- Problem solving; knows how to attack a problem and has the tenacity to solve difficult problems, and see tasks through completion.
- Ability to work well in a team
- Passion for delivering high-quality outcomes
- Attention to detail, while not losing site of the “bigger picture”
- Provide support-based development (bug fixes or small adhoc developments) as required.
- Good knowledge of software development methodologies and techniques
- Quality oriented; understands software testing, meets organisational expectations for testing & quality, feels satisfied by a job well done
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to explain technical issues and coach colleagues on a 1 – 1 basis
- Ability to communicate ideas and opinions to a talented group of colleagues
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Willingness to document and share knowledge
- Experience of Modern HTML/CSS techniques such as HTML5, CSS3 and pre processors like SASS/LESS
- Experience of using Accessibility, responsive web design and cross-browser development
- Experience of TDD/BDD
- Experience in OOP
- Experience working with databases
- Knowledge of general IT concepts, including storage management, networks, web-based services, IT infrastructure, IT security and operating systems.
- Experience of working with Node.js and Express.js
- Knowledge and experience of agile frameworks and practises: Scrum/Kanban, User stories, Continuous Integration & Delivery, Pair programming
- Knowledge of the following tools is beneficial: Jenkins, Jira, Docker, Bitbucket, GitHub.
- Experience working with cloud based technologies
- Experience with REST API design and patterns.
- Knowledge of typical development tools, including IDEs, source control systems and build automation tools.
- Annual leave including bank holidays off
- 15% discount (off sale items too)
- Birthday paid day off
- Charity paid day off
- House moving day off
- Share save scheme
- Peoples pension
- Gym discount
- Cycle to work
- Mobile phone discount
- Childcare vouchers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924684