Lead Claims Handler
Role: Lead Claims Handler
Salary: £20,000 - £26,000 per annum DOE
Location: Bristol, Avon - Commutable from Bath, Swindon, Chippenham, Weston Super Mare, Highbridge
Ambridge Harris are working with our established client in order to recruit a Lead Claims Handler to join the team based in Bristol. The Lead Claims Handler is responsible for typically between 350 to 400 active files of varying type and subject matter. Working effectively with internal colleagues, the insured, solicitors and other relevant parties, the Lead Claims Handler must process claims under limited supervision and within established processes, procedures and authority limits.
Customer Service -
- Responding promptly & efficiently to all claimants using various communications methods/systems.
- Accuracy of data input & validation
- Timeliness of data input & validation
- Customer complaints
Claims Processing -
- Assessing & processing all claims in line with stipulated procedures & authority limits
- Accuracy of claims validation
- Number of open claims
- Number of files closed per month
- Timeliness of case reviews
- Accuracy & timeliness of payments raised
Work Flow Management -
- Plan & prioritise own work to meet company service standards.Internal & external SLAs
- Carry out all tasks in line with stipulated processes, procedures & authority limits. Compliance audit outcomes
- Communication: work effectively with all stakeholders to the claim (including panel & non-panel professionals) to ensure claims are processed without undue delay.
- Timeliness of claim closures
- Outstanding commissions
- Customer complaints
- Negotiated rates with professionals
- Support: provide ongoing support to junior roles but without line management responsibility. Take part in ad-hoc projects & assist with function's L&D plans.
- Quality Assurance: assists with/conducts audits of external law firms to ensure their adherence to company service standards. Accuracy of audit outcomes / recommendations
- Adherence to audit schedule
- Learning & Development: take responsibility for own learning needs & objectives.
- Work closely with colleagues to progress knowledge & skills base.
- Personal Development & Training Folder review
Education & Experience:
- A Law graduate or equivalent OR a good level of education (min. 5 GCSE Grade C+) with previous relevant experience.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Good numeracy & literacy skills.
- CII qualified or working towards (or equivalent experience)
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.