General Sales Manager
Summary of the Job:
This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated, pro-active individual to join our Internal Sales Team.
Your role will be to generate and develop leads/opportunities around Hardware, Software, Services and Solutions within the Public Sector, Education and Commercial Sectors. This is an internal telephone based sales role, working with new and existing customers, offering the complete portfolio of European Electronique.
The team’s function is to develop new and existing trading relationships, giving great customer service and experience. You will be working to Weekly, Monthly and Annual targets.
- To win new business through pro-active outbound telephone activity and to manage new relationships, selling the complete range of EE’s portfolio of Hardware, Software, Services and Solutions.
- To work in conjunction with the Marketing team in following up on Marketing materials, including but not limited to, e-shots, vendor events, brand specific campaigns and website visitors
- To provide professional and time effective customer service, to a portfolio of customers across several different vertical markets
- To build and manage a pipeline of opportunities and to report accurate lead generation forecasts on a weekly basis to Sales management.
- To work with other the Internal Sales teams as required by cold calling and developing customers within their territories and vertical markets
- To operate in accordance with all processes and procedures at all times.
- To ensure compliance with the defined security policies regarding access to the internal systems.
- To complete additional ad hoc outbound telemarketing activities as and when required, regardless of vertical market or product type.
- To assist the Sales Manager by carrying out reasonable requests for additional duties as and when required.
- To make recommendations to customers on the best solutions
- Pro-active outbound telesales experience
- Ability to work to time sensitive deadlines
- Ability to work to Daily, Weekly and Monthly Key Performance Indicators and reporting thereof
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Previous experience working in an IT Sales role
- Some knowledge of Networking and Wireless Networking
- Some knowledge of Software
- Some knowledge of Microsoft, Apple and Android operating systems
- Some knowledge of on premise and Cloud Server & Infrastructure hardware
- Some knowledge of Client devices and the major brands
- Keep abreast of new developments and products in both software and hardware
- Some experience working within the Public sector and knowledge of Public Sector frameworks.
Interpersonal and communications skills
- Great Telephone Manner and Communication skills both written and oral
- Well organised and Pro-active
- Friendly and Professional
- Ability to communicate technical solutions
- Be able to work unsupervised using your own initiative
Salary package for this position is £16,000-£20,000 per annum, depending on experience. Benefits package includes:
- Commission structure - uncapped
- Company Sick Pay Scheme
- Free Tea and Coffee facilities within the office
- Company Purchase Scheme
- Life Assurance
- Retail Discount Scheme
All applicants must live and be eligible to work in the UK, also being within commutable distance to the office daily.