IT Project Manager
IT Project Manager
To work within the Project Office as a Project Manager assisting with the winning and delivery of Customer IT infrastructure projects. This role is not expected to provide the in depth technical knowledge which may be required to achieve a solution to a Customers needs, but instead to make sure that the methodology and logistics of implementation are specified and delivered to the high standard that our Customers expect. You will be expected to ensure that solutions are provided in a quality fashion in keeping with internal Company (ISO) and Project Office standards.
Chargeable project delivery consultancy is the primary focus and responsibility, although involvement in presales activities is also very key.
- To perform the successful day-to-day project management of projects, responsible for project ownership and accountability. Projects will be of various sizes ranging from £30,000 to £500,000+ budgets utilising Ultima’s project management framework for the delivery of cutting edge IT solutions.
- Responsibility for the whole project lifecycle – from defining the scope through Statement of work through to transition to clients’ business as usual or internally as a Managed service.
- Provide effective leadership to the project delivery teams, including Project Co-ordinator, Consultants, Engineers and 3rdparty entities to ensure projects are delivered to the highest quality
- Proactively manage any queries, changes or escalations that arise.
- Relevant project management certifications are expected – e.g. PRINCE2 Practitioner
- Exposure to Agile Methodologies is an advantage
- Understanding of Operating system and applications roll-outs (e.g. Windows 10, Office 365. Deployments of infrastructure and networking. Migrations to virtualised or cloud platforms.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925496