Bookkeeper - Accountancy Practice - City of London
Taylor Hawkes is looking for an experienced bookkeeper for our clients, a very impressive accountancy practice firm. The firm combines traditional values with a forward-thinking workable approach allowing their staff to progress and develop with a healthy work-life balance
Overview of the role
The prime function of this role is to provide bookkeeping services to the clients mainly in-house and occasionally at client's premises.
* Balancing accounts
* Processing sales invoices, receipts and payments
* Processing purchase invoices
* Completing VAT returns
* Completing CIS returns
* Checking company bank statements and reconciling
* Maintaining fixed asset registers
* Preparing Management Accounts and supporting schedules
* Dealing with prepayments and accruals
* Preparing year end files for the accountants
* Prepare appropriate schedules and reports as requested by clients and directors.
* Dealing with financial paperwork and filing
* Being able to communicate at all levels
* Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
* The role involves travel to and from client's premises on an occasional basis and therefore being able to drive would be an advantage.
* An ability to work quickly and accurately
* An eye for detail
* An ability to work to deadlines
* An ability to perform several tasks concurrently with ease and professionalism
* Good computer skills (especially with databases and financial software)
* An ability to communicate clearly and concisely, verbally and in writing, in English
* Must be able to keep client matters strictly confidential
* Useful qualifications include specialist qualifications such as AAT for example
For more information, please contact Nathan Cutler at Taylor Hawkes
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959924841