Junior Product Manager
My client are a early stage EdTech company based in central London that were founded in 2011 by a former teacher. Their product are run through over 1500 school across the globe and over 50% of school in London. Their current aim is to expand into other areas of EdTech, outwith their current major products which are used by millions of users.
My client are looking for a Junior Technical Product Manager to aid with this search into novel and innovative areas of EdTech that they have not explored yet. Reporting to the Head of Product, you will act as a key pin between the commercial and technical side of the Product, having to work closely with Engineering teams and play a pivotal role in the delivery of the business roadmap!
What you'll be doing: -
- Interact closely with the Engineering team to translate business goals into technical deliverables and in turn use your technical language and knowledge to communicate between engineering and other areas of the business.
- Be heavily enthusiastic and accomplished at honestly appraising your project through quantative and qualatative insights of your project.
- Work in limbo with the Engineering team to set and meet clear goals and targets.
- In turn, make sure that the Engineering teams understand what and why they are being asked to meet these set goals
- Be accomplished in agile traditions such as stand-ups, planning meetings, retrospectives, operating when necesary as a Scrum master to assist in the delivery of work.
- Balance business and technical objectives and translate these as clear priorities for the Engineering team.
Essential Skills and Experience
- A technical BEng/BSc/BA degree in a computing or similar/related engineering discipline.
- 1+ years of product management experience, preferably in a tech startup or small company.
- 2+ years of experience working in an agile environment
- Excellent project management skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Able to communicate technical concepts in a lucid, structured fashion to colleagues.
- Demonstrable experience of working closely with Engineering teams.
- An ability to communicate product requirements in a clear, structured fashion to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Basic familiarity with Web technologies and how they can be exploited to build innovative products.
- ScrumMaster training a plus
- Exposure in databases and data modelling
- An appreciation of mobile applications, their relationship with web applications and how we can leverage mobile applications to the benefit of customers
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924734