West Sussex, RH15 8QY
£20,000 per annum (which will increase after probation period)
Our client are specialists in all types of tank-cleaning machinery and associated products.
Since 1986 their experience within the marine transportation and industrial sector has established T C Repair & Supply as one of the leading forces within the tank-cleaning industry with the ability to offer worldwide servicing. With their extensive supply of spare parts, they offer the complete service package for portable or fixed installations.
The Machinist Fitter position will have the following duties:
- You will work to drawings
- Manufacture spare parts where necessary for obsolete equipment
- Dismantle and reassemble tank cleaning machinery
- There may be potential to service work on customer's vessels
The ideal candidate for the Machinist Fitter role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Must be an experienced machinist fitter (experience with lathes and milling machines etc.)
- Willing and capable of carrying out machinery repairs and general fitting when required, training for this will be provided.
- There could well be a need, on occasions, for the engineer to travel abroad to carry out servicing on shipboard tank cleaning machinery so flexibility is key - training will be provided to the successful candidate.
- Good mechanical engineering knowledge would be essential
- Must have a current British Passport
- Reasonably fit and healthy, definitely a requirement if working away on a vessel.
If you feel you are suitable for the Machinist Fitter role, please apply now!