BI Project Manager
Hitachi Consulting is the Consulting, IT and Solutions services business of Hitachi Ltd. We work with clients across the world from all industry sectors to design, build and operate technology solutions. We have particular strengths in the domains of ‘Digital’, ‘Internet of Things’, ‘Analytics’ and ERP and provide a range of supporting services (industry expertise, project management, process design, change management) required to achieve success. Frequently, we will leverage our relationship with the rest of Hitachi to bring innovative products and services into our solutions for clients. We will also work with clients to define outcome-based measures as part of our role in helping clients implement change and achieve benefits.
Hitachi Consulting is currently investing in its Technology Solutions Practice, which is growing rapidly in the UK and Europe. As part of this, we are seeking to recruit an experienced Project Manager expert at Manager or Senior Manager level to join our EMEA Digital practice, based in the UK.
The Project Manager will need to be accredited (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP) with previous experience of having worked for an IT Consultancy and ideally managing projects in the Financial Services sector or others such as Utilities, Manufacturing, Retail, Media, Transportation or Government.
The Project Manager much be being conversant with projects based around number of the following:
- BI/DW/Analytics, IoT, Digital Transformation or Application Development projects
- Risk, compliance and regulatory frameworks
- Data management and data governance programmes
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of successful delivery, managed budgets of min of £1m with teams of at least 10 people including offshore resources and will have a hands-on approach to delivery. The candidate shall also have excellent interpersonal and management skills, be a clear, logical thinker with the natural ability to communicate and develop relationships with others at all levels and have a proven ability to manage, deliver and meet commercial targets.
Other skills that we are looking for include:
- Shrewd budget management combined with strong client management with a track record of maximising revenue and generating new opportunities
- Ideally have successful history of managing budgets of up to £3m per year
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure
- Planning and monitoring the work of large teams
- Effective use and management of resource including work appraisals and coaching
- An analytical approach
- Strong business and systems design background
- Detailed project planning and tracking
- The ability to allocate and control the utilisation of resources in an efficient manner
- Organising and monitoring of the day to day performance of all work undertaken by team members
- Keeping clients fully aware of project progress and issues
- Delivering projects to planned timescales and to the defined quality, including managing project risk and change
- Work closely with the practice management to effectively resource and deliver the project
- Exposure to Agile methodologies such as Scrum, particularly experience of having delivered in a commercial environment
Running projects that have utilised number of technologies or concepts including:
- Big Data/Data Science, IoT, Microsoft SQL/BI, SAP HANA, Informatica, C#/ASP.NET, SharePoint, MS CRM Dynamics, Oracle, Azure or AWS etc.
Whilst Hitachi Consulting is respectful of our employees’ work / life balance candidates should be fully prepared to travel throughout the UK and internationally if required.
All applicants must have the right to work in the UK without company WP/VISA sponsorship.
Inclusion and Diversity
Hitachi Consulting is committed to building an inclusive work environment that leverages the diverse talent and perspectives of our global workforce. We value the unique background, experience and capability of each employee and embrace differences including gender, race, religion, disability, nationality, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity and personal style.
As a global company, we understand, appreciate and respect the diversity of our people and foster a collaborative work environment with equal opportunity for all employees. Inclusion and diversity is a fundamental strength of Hitachi Consulting that adds value for our company, our clients, our suppliers and the communities in which we live and work.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959925236