- Assist with management of portfolio of Lloyd’s and Company Professional Lines and Casualty claims, to include setting up new claims if necessary.
- Manage and maintain monthly bordereau and Escrow accounts for claims that fall within the TPA delegated authority.
- Manage and handle claims that fall outside any Delegated Authority.
- Draft and issue correspondence as directed.
- Investigate, follow up, and otherwise monitor the development of claims.
- Review incoming claim correspondence on existing claims, formulate response and create workflows.
- Establish and authorize adequate reserve amounts within authority levels based on exposure and recommend reserves beyond authority to appropriate management as necessary.
- Negotiate settlements and/or cost-sharing agreements within specified authority.
- Assist with coordination of and carrying out of TPA audits if necessary.
- Review and maintain claims diary.
- Assist underwriters with any general claims queries, client meetings and produce claims experiences where necessary
- Liaise with brokers, solicitors, underwriters and other stakeholders.
- Assist with Lloyd’s and Company reporting requirements.
- Handle Lloyd’s and Company claims within designated SLAs and KPI’s.
- Assist with special projects as required.
Skills and Experience required
- University degree preferred - Insurance related courses or certificates are an advantage.
- 3-5 years of handling Professional Lines and Casualty lead and follow claims, in both the Company and the Lloyd’s markets.
- Good working knowledge of the Claims Portal.
- Good understanding of Professional Lines and Casualty policy wordings.
- Experience of managing bordereau and escrow accounts on binder business.
- Experience of handling multi-jurisdictional claims e.g. USA, Ireland, Australia, Canada.
- Experience of managing TPAs.
- Knowledge of UK Corporate market would be beneficial.
- Knowledge of London market and European claim environments.
- Good oral and written communication skills as well as organizational skills.
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, ECF2/IMR.
- Familiarity with Genius, Fineos, Websure, open box a plus.
- The ability to work in a team environment.
- Can work with senior management, claims/legal professionals, other insurers, brokers, affiliated companies, or clients.
- A self-starter who can handle a diverse range of claims and responsibilities.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959925376