Head of Compliance & MLRO - CF10 / CF11
My client is a multi award winning CFD Broker based in the City of London. Over a decades experience delivering award winning services to their prestigious retail clients across the world. The business are looking to hire a Senior Compliance Manager to carry out the MLRO function.
The ideal candidate will possess 3-5 years experience in Compliance within a retail Banking or CFD / FOREX Broker environment. You would have previously hold a CF10 / CF11 position within the past 5 years and capable of leading a team of 8+
- Carry out the CF10 & CF11 function, ensuring the implementation of and ongoing adherence to Financial Crime Controls including procedural reviews, transaction monitoring and monitoring the tasks delegated to 3rd party administrators.
- Responsible for the complete and accurate provision of reporting regulatory information required both on an internal and external basis.
- Ensure monitoring to assess the companies compliance with FCA regulatory requirements, specifically organise and assist with the Compliance Monitoring Programme.
- Responsible for ensuring that the TCF policies and procedures are accurate and updated regularly.
- Responsible for the management of screening against the sanctions lists and other required data sources.
- Work with financial controller to ensure that all reports requiring submission to the FCA are done so in a timely and accurate manner.
- Give consideration to the wider professional development and career aspirations of all Compliance team members.
- Keep up to date and be pro-active in implementing new policies and procedures or updates to staff in a timely manner, providing training where necessary.
- Ensure compliance reporting to NCA is done as required and is correct, accurate, investigated and closed in a timely manner.
- Continuously reviewing and maintaining systems to identify and record regulatory breaches.
- Delivery of expert technical and regulatory support to the Executive team as needed to enable them to make future facing decisions and achieve strategic goals within the relevant regulatory framework.
- Effectively deal with any complaints raised by any client, report and manage accordingly. Ensure that complaints register updated accordingly.
- Maintain as far as practically possible a close working relationship with relevant regulatory bodies
- Organise training for staff, ensuring that they are FCA registered.
- Responsible for the maintenance of the company?s Compliance Handbook.
- Ensure that all compliance activity is accurately recorded.
This job was originally posted as www.cityjobs.com/job/959915263