Primary Graduate Teaching Assistant - Clarendon Park area
Have you recently graduated with a core subject degree from a Russell Group University and are now in search of a career that motivates you to be at your best?
Some core subjects such as Maths sometimes have the unfortunate reputation of being difficult and lifeless; do you possess the passion necessary to raise its reputation by inspiring children to find the fun in Maths; providing them with open ended challenges and plenty of discovery?
If you have the enthusiasm and drive to explore creative approaches to different areas of the curriculum, this small Primary school, in a popular suburb of Leicester, are eager to meet you and offer you the chance to enter the world of education.
Their supportive KS2 team are looking to take on a creative and passionate core subject graduate as soon as possible, to support them with Maths and Literacy interventions this academic year.
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Maths and Literacy Interventions)
- Popular Leicester Primary School
- Ideal for a recent core subject graduate
- Running interventions for all ability groups in Y3
- Full-Time Primary Teaching Assistant role
- Support from a mentor
- Join other graduates on their path to teaching
- Great PGCE experience as a Teaching Assistant
- Earn up to £300 per week
- Clarendon Park location
You will need to have:
- A 1st or 2:1 degree in a core related degree
- Matching A Levels and GCSE grades
- Some previous experience working with children
- An ability to work full time for the remainder of this academic year
- A commitment to the wider school
- A passion for a range of subjects
- Future teaching aspirations
The role will involve running support sessions, ranging from group sessions to individual targeted support with a number of children of all abilities.
You will plan alongside the Y3 class teacher and as your confidence builds you will be given the freedom to plan your own fun and engaging sessions.
This Y3 Teaching Assistant position involves supporting the individual needs of the pupils in class whilst personalising their learning through adapting lesson planning and activities in order to plug gaps.
The school is located in a leafy suburb of Leicester and is close to all public transport links. Furthermore the school has a supportive senior leadership team who are devoted to exploring new approaches in teaching and learning. This positive working environment would suit a graduate looking develop their teaching knowledge ready to embark on a career in teaching.
If you are a Primary TA role sounds like an ideal next step then apply to join this lovely school in Leicester! Click apply or send your CV and covering letter to Emma at i-teachers.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959924025